From Thanksgiving through New Years Day Is Considered the Holiday Season Whether It Is Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanza or Just Winter Solstice.
Through these 6 weeks, there will be shopping, wrapping of gifts and even mailing those gifts, decorating both inside and outside your home and office or community locale, Ecards as well as traditional Christmas or holiday cards and of course there is entertaining and all that food!
Here is a 2010 Holiday Guide & Tips with quick links for entertaining, decorating and shopping to get you through the season with the least amount of stress and saving time & money:
HGTV has 12 Tops For Holiday Decorating
Family Dollar - Low Cost Trim A Tree
Home Depot - decorations for both inside and out
Better Homes & Garden has simple outside decorating ideas
Holiday Decorations Direct - to purchase outdoor decorations
Shopping- Online shopping can find amazing deals and retailers are still offering free shipping. Save time, gas
and stress if you don't like being out with the crowds or the weather is too cold for you to go outside. Shopping for
gifts should be a pleasure - tis better to give than receive - so make it easy on yourself.
Also, if you know someone who isn't computer savvy or may not own a computer, perhaps you could help them
shop online. An act of kindness to a neighbor or relative can be the greatest gift they receive this year.
Wrapping--to save time & money, rather than purchasing expensive wrapping paper you can wrap all the
presents in plain white paper & just add stickers & a colorful ribbon to personalize and even add a bell, some
beads, artificial flower or something else you can pick up at a craft store or just add a candy. It will make your gift
look more personal & less like the perfunctory gift
3. USPS, UPS, DHL, FEDEX for shipping
4. ONLINE HOLIDAY & CHRISTMAS CARDS - As time and money are limited for many, sending Free Ecards (download your email contacts list to save time) is good for the environment and your pocket.
5. ONLINE INVITATIONS - Free Evites (download your email contacts list to save time)
Martha Stewart for recipes and even table setting ideas
Family Dollar - some low cost recipes and coupons
7. SEND A GREETING TO A SERVICE MAN or WOMAN
Care Packages--US Department of Defense
USPS Supporting Our Troops Mailing Instructions
Red Cross-Holidays For Heroes (send cards to service personnel and families until Dec 10)
8. CHARITIES - Instead Of A Gift Consider A Donation In That Person's Name Before You Make A Donation, Check
out the charity's health a reputation by an independent source. Charity Navigator
- Toys-For-Tots Us Marine Corps
- Wounded Warrior Project - Remember Our Injured Service Men & Woman and Their Families
- Angel Fire - Send an Email to a Serviceman or Woman
- Call a local Church, Synagogue, Temple as they may know of a person or family in need
- Contact A Local Food Pantry to see what they may need as they often put together holiday baskets
- Go through your closets as there are many locations collecting winter coats in good condition in your